Alcohol is taken regularly with pain killers, prescription, over the counter and street drugs without thinking twice about it. Do we really know the consequences, long term results or internal damage we could be causing to our bodies?
The addiction to alcohol, pain killers or street drugs can also lead to liver damage, kidney damage, hives, mental illnesses or even worse, child neglect, child abuse or spousal abuse. Not to mention the crime, theft and death and devastation drinking and driving accidents cause.
Lets remember that one alcoholic drink means:
1 1/2 ounces of 80% proof, 1 ounce of 100% proof
Cymbalta – alcohol and drugs like Cymbalta affect similar chemicals in the brain
– concern is increasing effects of alcohol, possibly increasing depression or affecting motor skills
– healthcare professionals advise is you do drink, drink light to moderate amounts
* My thought – it is a fairly new drug and we are the guinea pigs so report your side effects and adverse reactions with drugs/alcohol/herbal/foods. I would consider liver or kidney damage. There are withdrawals symptoms with Cymbalta, libido and on and on.
**I am not a doctor or professional but I wouldn’t combine them or take either if you have a history of depression, suicidal thoughts or any kind of mental illness. Get some help, it will get better.
*** Here is it, though I would include it too. Warnings are for anyone with biopolar, suicidal attempts, heart disease, diabetes, seizures, epilepsy, glaucoma, liver, kidney, bladder or allergies.
Suicidal? Please call for help, it can get better!
I will be adding more soon…………..
Okay, I am back my friends. I was looking at the National Fibromyalgia website and they are supported by Lilly USA, LLC. Lily is a major drug manufacturer. If you go to their site you can see a list of drugs they supply, one of them being Cymbalta our newest drug of choice being prescribed for Fibromyalgia. You can go see all kinds of doctors and specialists and that is what it comes down to in the end. The treatment is pain killers or Cymbalta and advise to do your exercise. Many other drugs are prescribed, one at a time to see what chemical cocktail works best for you.
Good luck with that and all the new symptoms you will experience from side effects. I can’t take it anymore, I am getting better through natural alternative treatment. The way I see it, we don’t know the long term effects of any of these drugs, people become zombies to their prescriptions and there is no end to it. I have a permanent sick pain inside my guts from long term use of their prescription drugs. I lost a lot of the brain fog when the drugs cleared out of my system along with a pile of other symptoms.
Indicated for the treatment of.
– major depressive disorder (MDD). The efficacy of Cymbalta was established in four short-term and one maintenance trial in adults.
– generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). The efficacy of Cymbalta was established in three short-term and one maintenance trial in adults.
– management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia.
– management of chronic musculoskeletal pain in people with chronic osteoarthritis pain and chronic low back pain.
Antidepressants can increase suicidal thoughts and behaviors in children, teens, and young adults. Suicide is a known risk of depression and some other psychiatric disorders.
Now going back to the National Fibromyalgia Association, here is what they believe:
– underlying cause or causes of FM still remain a mystery
– most researchers agree that FM is a disorder of central processing with neuroendocrine/neurotransmitter dysregulation
– patient experiences pain amplification due to abnormal sensory processing in the central nervous system
– an increasing number of scientific studies now show multiple physiological abnormalities in the FM patient, including:
– increased levels of substance P in the spinal cord
– low levels of blood flow to the thalamus region of the brain
– HPA axis hypofunction
– low levels of serotonin and tryptophan and
– abnormalities in cytokine function.
So how does Cymbalta fit in with this and what the heck is Cymbalta?
Lets go to RX List
Cymbalta® (duloxetine hydrochloride)
– selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SSNRI)
– chemical designation is (+)-(S)-N-methyl-?-(1-naphthyloxy)-2thiophenepropylamine hydrochlorie
– empirical formula is C18H19NOS•HCl
– the structural formula is:
– is a white to slightly brownish white solid, which is slightly soluble in water.
– enteric-coated pellets are designed to prevent degradation of the drug in the acidic environment of the stomach.
Inactive ingredients include
– FD&C Blue No. 2, gelatin
– hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate
– sodium lauryl sulfate
– sugar spheres
– titanium dioxide
– triethyl citrate
– the 20 and 60 mg capsules also contain iron oxide yellow.
Wow, I am glad that I chose to keep on my Natural path to wellness. Did anyone notice how the sodium lauryl sulfate is not only in our shampoo but also in our drugs?