Okay, I am back my friends. I was looking at the National Fibromyalgia website and they are supported by Lilly USA, LLC. Lily is a major drug manufacturer. If you go to their site you can see a list of drugs they supply, one of them being Cymbalta our newest drug of choice being prescribed for Fibromyalgia. You can go see all kinds of doctors and specialists and that is what it comes down to in the end. The treatment is pain killers or Cymbalta and advise to do your exercise. Many other drugs are prescribed, one at a time to see what chemical cocktail works best for you.
Good luck with that and all the new symptoms you will experience from side effects. I can’t take it anymore, I am getting better through natural alternative treatment. The way I see it, we don’t know the long term effects of any of these drugs, people become zombies to their prescriptions and there is no end to it. I have a permanent sick pain inside my guts from long term use of their prescription drugs. I lost a lot of the brain fog when the drugs cleared out of my system along with a pile of other symptoms.
What I found interesting on Lilly website is that Fibromyalgia has it’s own category and the medication used is Cymbalta and it is also listed as a treatment in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain and Neuroscience. Doesn’t that tell us that the drug industry is classifying Fibromyalgia as a neurological problem? No one knows the cause yet they have classified and are treating humans with it . So further more I go to their website to see side effects for Cymbalta and was shocked at how the efficacy of Cymbalta was established from such little trial for such serious illnesses as depression and anxiety disorders when the warning on the same page is it can cause suicidal thoughts and psychiatric disorders. Wow what a bonus for an already depressed person. Is it not like giving an already suicidal person a gun. So every 1 in 12 is actually loaded with a bullet but no one knows who is getting it. Crazy as it sounds, I
Indicated for the treatment of.
- major depressive disorder (MDD). The efficacy of Cymbalta was established in four short-term and one maintenance trial in adults.
- generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). The efficacy of Cymbalta was established in three short-term and one maintenance trial in adults.
- management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia.
- management of chronic musculoskeletal pain in people with chronic osteoarthritis pain and chronic low back pain.
Important Safety Information About Cymbalta
Antidepressants can increase suicidal thoughts and behaviors in children, teens, and young adults. Suicide is a known risk of depression and some other psychiatric disorders.
Now going back to the National Fibromyalgia Association, here is what they believe:
- underlying cause or causes of FM still remain a mystery
- most researchers agree that FM is a disorder of central processing with neuroendocrine/neurotransmitter dysregulation
- patient experiences pain amplification due to abnormal sensory processing in the central nervous system
- an increasing number of scientific studies now show multiple physiological abnormalities in the FM patient, including:
- increased levels of substance P in the spinal cord
- low levels of blood flow to the thalamus region of the brain
- HPA axis hypofunction
- low levels of serotonin and tryptophan and
- abnormalities in cytokine function.
So how does Cymbalta fit in with this and what the heck is Cymbalta?
Lets go to RX List
Cymbalta® (duloxetine hydrochloride)
- selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SSNRI)
- chemical designation is (+)-(S)-N-methyl-?-(1-naphthyloxy)-2thiophenepropylamine hydrochlorie
- empirical formula is C18H19NOS•HCl
- the structural formula is:
- is a white to slightly brownish white solid, which is slightly soluble in water.
- enteric-coated pellets are designed to prevent degradation of the drug in the acidic environment of the stomach.
Inactive ingredients include
- FD&C Blue No. 2, gelatin
- hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate
- sodium lauryl sulfate
- sugar spheres
- titanium dioxide
- triethyl citrate
- the 20 and 60 mg capsules also contain iron oxide yellow.
Wow, I am glad that I chose to keep on my Natural path to wellness. Did anyone notice how the sodium lauryl sulfate is not only in our shampoo but also in our drugs?